Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

Eat!

As we drove down the road adjacent to the reservoir we couldn't help but be a bit disappointed with the turbidity of the water.  It was evident that the sight fishing high of last week would not be available today.  The wind was constant with some pretty powerful gusts.  We had one follow at last weeks hot spot that failed to culminate with an eat.  We were forced to seek other spots.  Water temperatures were 41* in open water and as warm as 46* at the back of wind blown bays.  We found fish in all temperatures although it took a few hours of searching to get the first to hand.  
Have you ever been fishing and felt a fish coming?  Not because it is a great cast or a great lie, but just because it is TIME!  Pretty good experience today.  I had that feeling.  I told my father "I can feel a fish coming," immediately, as if summoned from the depths I watched a pike flash out of the turbidity and savage my fly.  I'm not tootin' my own horn here because I "called" it.  Just saying that I like that feeling, a lot! I like it even more when it is vindicated, which often it is not.  
The other "feeling" I had was because of a cast.  My cast straightened out and the fly smacked the water.  I love watching a cast unroll.  I love watching a giant streamer swimming towards me.  Emphasis added, above and beyond the exclamation point, on this next one! I absolutely love watching an eat!





Another interesting note:  My dad threw a spinning rod for about a quarter of the time.  With a big rattling, wiggling lure on it.  I thought for sure he was going to be killing it.  I was surprise that the flies out fished the spinning set up 8:1.
By Targhee Boss
Yuba Reservoir

No comments:

Post a Comment